From the ACLU:
I Am a Constitution Voter
- I believe that no one — including the President — is above the law.
- I oppose all forms of torture, and I support both closing the Guantánamo Bay prison and ending indefinite detention.
- I oppose warrantless spying.
- I believe that government officials, no matter how high-ranking, should be held accountable for breaking the law and violating the Constitution.
- I believe that the Constitution protects every person’s rights equally — no matter what they believe, how they live, where or if they worship, and whom they love.
- I reject the notion that we have to tolerate violations of our most fundamental rights in the name of fighting terrorism.
- I am deeply committed to the Constitution and expect our country’s leaders to share and act on that commitment — every day, without fail.
We need to let our leaders know that when we step into the ballot box the Constitution will be the first thing on our minds.
Our goal is to sign up 300,000 Constitution Voters by October 15th to demonstrate our power.
Sign the pledge (and get a free bumper sticker) here.